$247.50 per fitting, TFMS Member Rate
A proper bike fit is one of the most important things you can do to help assure comfort and safety on your bicycle. It is critical that a biomechanically sound system be employed to treat individual comfort and efficiency issues. If you have neck, back, or knee pain, saddle sores, or hand or foot numbness, your bicycle probably doesn’t fit you properly. A good bike fit will improve your comfort, pedaling efficiency and aerodynamics and actually make you a better, faster cyclist. To ensure you the best bike fit available, all TriFit MultiSport fits are performed by Bernard Baski and William Mayberry our professional, nationally certified Paul Swift Bike Fit Systems bike fitters.
To schedule a bike fitting, Email: William@TriFitLA.com
Every rider is different and a number of conditions must always be taken into consideration when fitting a bike. These include:
• What type of bike are you riding…road, triathlon, mountain?
• What kind of riding do you do or want to do?
• How long will your rides be?
• How much riding experience do you have?
• What is your level of conditioning?
• Age, height, body style?
• Injuries and/or discomforts… past or current?
Some pains that may indicate an improperly fit bike are:
• Back of the knee pain – your seat may be too high
• Front of the knee pain – your seat is too low or forward
• Inside or outside of knee pain – improper foot/cleat position
• Rocking of hips and discomfort – your seat is too high
• Neck pain – bike too long, handlebars too low
• Foot pain or numbness – ill fitting or soft soled shoes
• Groin discomfort – saddle tilted upward
• Arm/hand discomfort – saddle tilted downward
Setting up your ideal position on a bike takes time and can be confusing and difficult. Again, variances in body sizes and proportions, in levels of fitness and flexibility, and in technique and style all affect a cyclist’s best position on the bike.
All bike fits are performed by a professional, certified bike fitter. Certifications are through Paul Swift Bike Fit Systems, one of the premier bike fitting certifications available. Additionally, TriFit in conjunction with Paul Swift will conduct periodic bike fit clinics and certification programs. TriFit will also conduct periodic group clinics available to members and non-members of TriFit Club & Studios and TriFit MultiSport. Check the Calendar and Upcoming Events on the home page for the latest.